Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Isearch research plan Graf #14

Research plan, oh man, now it's really starting to sound like work. I am going to consult the bread makers in my mother's family and my dad's family. I believe they will be able to give me the "why" answers I am looking for because I will have them at my beck and call to explain to me what I am really looking for when I ask the same question five times instead of wanting a generic "google" answer. Straightaway I foresee a conflict with a couple of my aunt's and the methods to the bread making skills. This is my project and ultimately no one knows about my blog in my family so I can chose whatever I want the best answer without hurting anyone's ego. I am going to consult the generations of cookbooks that have been passed along to me. I do not have the original recipe book from my gram, but one year, for Christmas, a collection of her finest secret recipes were collaborated into one cookbook that was given to anyone that wanted a copy in our family. I most definitely am going to have to experiment with different scenarios, weather conditions, areas of different temperature within my environment, types of pans and even types of flour, but I will not compromise on the recipe. I will be using my gram's recipe. It may just be that I need to buy a old kitchen wood cook-stove to cook the bread in, that is after all what she used. I am going to use any problems that pop up as learning tools. I probably wont research too much online it is hard for me to put other people's ideas into my own words and I wouldn't want to accidentally plagiarize anything. I may search the big G (that's Google not Big G's Deli, huge bread by the way!) for tips on yeast and flour but for the most part I'm going back to the basics on this one. The only time line I see myself following is to have my paper complete before the deadline. I am finding out I don't like to write on demand according to formula. I feel it puts undue stress on me to include the required "everything" and blocks creativity, which allows my writing to shine.

1 comment:

  1. Google groups or google blogs may have advice.

    Sounds like you have it all in hand.

    ReplyDelete