Monday, September 10, 2012

Graf # 8 Reaction to the Isearch sample My Home Brewing Journey

Mr. Hodgkins, is a guy knows about beer. Obviously he has studied it in depth. His paper reads as if he's not a brew master but could do well on his own in the brewing business. I immediately wonder, is there really that much to making beer? Why not just go to the store and buy it? I suppose there wouldn't be a paper on his home brewing journey then nor would I be writing a reaction to it and making the individual juices flow. People always are looking to make something themselves because no one else could possibly do it better than them. Does there always have to be a cheaper alternative? People never take into consideration their own time and it's value. There are only a finite amount of minutes in a day and why would you want to spend it on something that you could just as easily buy already made at the store? Is it just to be able to say you made it with your own two hands? Why don't you go out and kill an animal for supper or milk your cow for milk or go pump the well for a bucket of water.  Come on, technology is a good thing, EMBRACE IT, get over the fact that it's a dying technique. My grandmother used to jar vegetables in the fall, guess what, she's still died and it didn't help live longer. Beer, well okay, to each his own, I've got my own paper to write, now where did I put that homemade bread recipe?

1 comment:

  1. I was a homebrewer for 30 years until my Sundays became consumed with dealing with online classes. But what really ended my brewing career was that a million homebrewers became commercial craft brewers--when I started brewing in 1979, there wasn't much selection available, but when I stopped a few years ago, all those former homebrewers were putting out wonderful commercial products that I was eager to buy and sample.

    ReplyDelete