Friday, September 7, 2012

Graf #6 Unique

Quite possibly I could sum up this entire assignment with one sentence. My first name is Linisa, enough said. But in the interest of an awesome grade I will continue. From the time I entered preschool at the age of three I remember no one could pronounce my name correctly. The only place in the world I have been where my name is pronounced correctly is Hawaii. Phonetically, my name is pronounced "lyn E sa". By the time I was in second grade, I had started a list of the differently misspellings of my first name. I lost the list somewhere about fifth grade, but I remember it contained about 40 different misspellings of my name. You grow up with Linisa Evonne Snowdeal and see how many different spellings you get. My grandfather named me after a city in Madagascar, Africa, now that man was unique! I am a born-again believer. I believe the Bible is the God breathed, inspired word of God and does not contradict itself from cover to cover. I am on a journey that is being led by God. Becoming a nurse was impressed upon my heart by the Lord, not a career choice I would have chosen because I don't like the sight of blood or needles. I am stepping out on faith just to see what He has in store for me. I promised to obey my husband in our wedding vows. My children were born when I was 15 and one week before I turned 17. I have four granddaughters whose names all start with the first four vowels. Alyxa, Ellianna, Izabell, and Olivia, yes I am patiently waiting for Ulanyi. Until four years ago, I swore I would never have a dog and now I have three, all named after the characters from the movie Armageddon, Gracie, AJ, and Oscar. What is up with that? I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't like large groups. I would rather be with an intimate few friends than a stadium full of strangers. I drive a Yukon. I don't recycle. I hope to just retire to a private little island, with my husband, where no one knows our names.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think on sight alone I would have gone with Lin-ISS-a. I get a number of mispronunciations of my last name: Gold-feen being the favorite, though there are always the benighted souls who decide I'm Mr Finegold....

    With the exception of plain old Olivia, it sounds as if your grand father would be or must be proud of the spelling and confusion inherent in the names of his great-granddaughters.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-Great Granddaughters! Yes I'm sure he would have been proud of each one! He died in 1999 and the first of our granddaughters was born in 2001, plain old Olivia! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, your English teacher can't even count 'greats'....

    ReplyDelete