Monday, September 17, 2012

Graf # 12 Place The Womb

Your world is safe, secure, and dark. You are bathed in a warm fluid and a soft muffled voice from somewhere afar assures you that everything is going to be okay. Your time is spent growing and growing. You will increase the size of your home 1000 times over. You discover a few toys to occupy your time, hands, feet, some type of cord that ties it all together. You are nourished, comfortable, and secure. One day, without warning, your walls begin falling in on you. Your place of fluid filled security has become an hollow cavity of pressure. Your surroundings are scaring you. The pressure is intense, almost too much to bare, pressure pulses are driving you deeper into an unfamiliar abyss. Instantaneously, you hear a scream, see a bright light, and a hard slap demands your attention. You open your eyes and see a smiling face staring back at you. Your world is once again safe and secure.



3 comments:

  1. The trick to this assignment (traditionally) is to describe a place you can either see or remember, but since half the world is carrying this place around with them and 100 % of the world's population has spent a good deal of time there, I can hardly claim you are not intimately knowledgeable about it.

    Unusual topic, well handled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can rewrite this if you like and find something that more is more suitable to the uniform expectation of the project. I would be ok with that...and I've told as I've told my children in the past I remember the day I was born, I thought I would freeze to death before they ever got any clothes on me...okay maybe that is a stretch, but I am amazed at the depth of my memory bank. Let me know if you want me to rewrite, I really don't have a problem doing it. Thanks Linisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always say 'rewrite' if I want one. I have no objection at all--on the contrary--to oddball and unusual solutions to the puzzle of a prompt. I liked what you did.

    ReplyDelete