Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Graf #18 isearch progress report

Honestly, I haven't made that much progress on paper. I have tried two recipes for making bread. One made the birds very happy that day and the other made a great stuffing. I'm just not sure that I am going to be able to make the perfect loaf, but perhaps this isn't what this assignment is suppose to teach me. I know the lead in for an isearch paper was "I always wanted to know", and I filled in "how to make bread". Luck for me, I didn't say I it had to be eatable. I will continue to perfect my craft, whether it is making a successful bread or just writing about it.

3 comments:

  1. It's going to make it easier for me to linisafy the annotated source list if you've interviewed someone or read a recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed a recipe. I talked to one of my aunts. I didn't make any progress making bread though as a result of either one. I will site them if I can wrap my head around what an annotated source list is and how to use it. I don't understand the concept of siting by a formula. I could just as easily tell you who I talked to you about making bread and what cookbook I got the recipe from. It seems so professional to have to site something. But I'll work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're writing a formal research paper for posterity, so to speak. Telling me won't cut it. The source list is at the end of the paper so the reader can figure out where you're coming from.

    A recipe out of a book or online is a source; what book, what site. English students don't talk to their aunts--they 'interview' them, and that's a source too.

    Uh, if formulas don't appeal to you, maybe that's why recipes don't either? That's all a recipe is--a formula.

    ReplyDelete