Friday, August 31, 2012

Graf #4 Reaction

Are you kidding me this is what John wanted me to write about? He wants my reaction to his advice to student writers? I don't want to critique the teacher. I can barely critique people I know! Is this assignment going to be easy? I can tell you the assignment was hard to decipher but reactions are easy, so here it is. One idea that seems to stand out to me says, a topic that seems lame to everyone but the writer, really, it might not interest you, but it is my topic. I feel like this idea would give me a complex about having my creative juices stomped out by my own thoughts of worry as to whether someone is going to find my idea lame. If you don't want to read about it, by all means, stop! If I have to worry about how someone else will feel about my work, how will I ever be creative? My writing self esteem is already in the tank. I don't like to read and to have to write to express myself just sends me into a tail spin! I would much rather express myself in photographs, behind the lens, that's where I am safe. I'm sure I can get through it though as I am reminded, Stephen King almost failed English and look what a writer he turned out to be.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought: how about an isearch relating to photography?

    ReplyDelete